Nguyen Duc Tan
Year of birth : 1962
Academic rank: Degree: Ph.D
Major name: Veterinary parasitology
Address: 12 Duong Van Nga, Vinh Hai, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa
Name of work-place: Institute of Veterinary Research and Development of Central Vietnam
Director: Vu Khac Hung
Address: km4, 2/4 Street, Vinh Hoa, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa 57000, Vietnam
Phone: 058.3831118 ; Fax: 085.3831592 ;Website: htttp://www.phanvienthuy.com.vn
- Tham Thi Nguyen, Hung Vu-Khac, Tan Duc Nguyen, 2021. Characterisation of Clostridium perfringens isolated from chickens in Vietnam. Veterinarni Medicina, 66 (10):431-439.
- Tham Thi Nguyen, Hung Vu-Khac, Tan Duc Nguyen, 2020. Isolation and characterization of Clostridium perfringens strains isolated from ostriches (Struthio camelus) in Vietnam. Tạp chí ISI: Vet World. 2020 Aug; 13(8): 1679–1684.
- Sam Thi Nguyen, Yasuhiro Fukuda, Duc Tan Nguyen, Chika Tada, Yutaka Nakai, 2016. Prevalence and first genotyping of Giardia duodenalis in beef calves in Vietnam. Tropical Animal Health and Production 48(4):837-41
- Nguyen Huu Tinh, Than Van Thai, Dang Thanh Hien, Vu Khac Hung, Nguyen Duc Tan, Wonyong Kim, 2016. Intersubtype Reassortments of H5N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Viruses Isolated from Quail. PLoS One., 11(2): e0149608.
- Duc Tan Nguyen, Ivana Bilic, Barbara Jaskulska, Michael Hess, Duc Quyet Le, Luc Ngoc Le Hua, Vu Vy Huynh, Sam Thi Nguyen, and Hung Vu-Khac, 2015. Prevalence and Genetic Characterization of Histomonas meleagridis in Chickens in Vietnam. Avian Diseases, 59(2):309-314.
- Nguyen Huu Tinh, Than Van Thai, Dang Thanh Hien, Nguyen Van Quang, Nguyen Thi Kim Hue, Nguyen Duc Tan, Jong-Hwa Park, In Sik Chung, Dae Gwin Jeong, Kyu-Tae Chang, Tae Kwang Oh, Wonyong Kim, 2015. The evolutionary dynamics of highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1 in south-central Vietnam reveals multiple clades evolving from Chinese and Cambodian viruses. Comparative Immunology, Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, 42, 21–30.
- Sam Thi Nguyen, Fukuda Yasuhiro ,Tada Chika, Huynh Vu Vy, Nguyen Duc Tan, Nakai Yutaka, 2013. Prevalence and molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium in ostriches (Struthio camelus) on a farm in central Vietnam. Experimental Parasitology 133: 8-11.
- Sam Thi Nguyen, Nguyen Duc Tan, Nguyen Van Thoai, Huynh Vu Vy, Le Duc Quyet, Fukuda Yasuhiro, Nakai Yutaka, 2012. Prevalence of Fasciola in cattle and of its intermediate host Lymnaea snails in central Vietnam. Tropical Animal Health and Production 44: 1847-1853.
- Sam Thi Nguyen, Fukuda Yasuhiro ,Tada Chika, Sato Rintaro, Duong Binh, Nguyen Duc Tan, Nakai Yutaka, 2012. Molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium in native beef calves in central Vietnam. Parasitology Research 111: 1817-1820.
- Sam Thi Nguyen, Honma Hajime , Geurden Thomas, Ikarashi Makoto, Fukuda Yasuhiro , Huynh Vu Vy, Nguyen Duc Tan, Nakai Yutaka, 2012. Prevalence and risk factors associated with Cryptosporidium oocyst shedding in pigs in central Vietnam. Research in Veterinary Science 93: 848-852
- Nguyen Duc Tan, Le Duc Quyet, Huynh Vu Vy, Nguyen Sam Thi, Nguyen Van Thoai, Vu-Khac Hung, 2012. The development of PCR methodology for the identification of species of the tapeworm Moniezia from cattle, goats and sheep in central Vietnam. The Journal of Helminthology 86: 426–429.
- Nguyen Duc Tan, Vo Thanh Thin Vu Khac Hung, 2011. Virulence factors in Escherichia coli isolated from calves with diarrhea in Vietnam. Journal of veterinary science, 12(2), 159-164.
- Sam Thi Nguyen, Nguyen Duc Tan, Le Duc Quyet, Le Hua Ngoc Luc, Nguyen Van Thoai, Honma Hajime , Nakai Yutaka, 2007. Prevalence and first genetic identification of Cryptosporidium spp. in cattle in central Viet Nam. Veterinary Parasitology 150: 357-361.
- Investigating causes of diarrhea syndrome in calves from some South Central-Central Highland provinces and develop preventive measures. Ministry key project-2005-2008.
- Epidemiology of some parasitic diseases transmitted between humans and animals (large liver fluke, Neospora), develop prevention and treatment measures. Ministry key project-2008-2010.
- Epidemiology, prevention and treatment of tapeworm diseases in ruminant cattle (cows, goats, sheep) in some South Central Coast and the Central Highland provinces. Ministry key project-2009-2011.
- Epidemiology of Gnathostoma in humans and animals in southern provinces and develop preventive measures. Ministry key project-2011-2013.
- Epidemiology of Histomonas protozoan in chickens from some southern provinces and propose preventive measures. Ministry key project-2012-2014.
- Epidemiology Opisthorchis spp. on livestock in the south-central Coast region and proposed prevention measures. Ministry key project-2013-2016.
- Biology and epidemiology of tapeworm in ducks from some southern-central provinces and propose preventive measures. Ministry key project-2016-2018.
- 5 PhD
- 5 Master
- Multiple undergraduate students
Awards and Grants
- Vietnam Fund for Supporting Technological Creation 16(VIFOTEC-16) Silver award (2021)
- Vietnam Fund for Supporting Technological Creation 15(VIFOTEC-15) Gold award (2019)
- Vietnam Fund for Supporting Technological Creation 15(VIFOTEC-13) Gold award (2015)
State award – 2021